Short Stay Program
The short stay program is ideal for those interested in a more accelerated treatment approach or, for those travelling from a distance to see us for treatment!
This short stay program consists of:
- 2 weeks (recommended minimum stay)
- Comprehensive Initial Assessment
- Focussed program with daily treatments (Mon-Fri, holidays and weekends excluded)
- Re-assessment and discharge program plan
Even though we are only a small physiotherapy clinic in Guelph, Ontario, we get a surprising number of international patients. If you are from out of town and considering booking a treatment, you can find all the information you need regarding how to get here, where to stay and what to expect while you are here.
Where to Find Us
MMTR Physiotherapy is located on 77 Westmount Road in Guelph Ontario. The postal code is N1H 5J1. Guelph is a small city close to Waterloo Region, and a bit more than an hour outside of Toronto. The closest airports are:
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (1 hour away)
- Region of Waterloo International Airport (23 minutes away)
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport (2 hours away)
Where to Stay
There are a number of hotels, motels and B&B’s very close to the clinic so that your commute to and from the clinic during your stay can be as short as possible. If you are looking for something very affordable, there are several Airbnb spots here in Guelph as well as numerous hotels. Here is a list of the closest accommodations:
- London House Bed and Breakfast (0.5 miles away)
- Staybridge Suites (6.2 miles away) (offers rooms with a kitchenette)
- Norfolk Guest House Bed and Breakfast (1 mile away)
- Comfort Inn (1.4 miles away)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites (1.5 miles away)
- Sugarbush B&B (1.6 miles away)
- Lyon’s Den Bed and Breakfast (2 miles away)
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton – Guelph (2 miles away)
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Guelph Conference Centre (2.8 miles away)
- Days Inn Guelph (3 miles away)
- Maryhill Inn (6.2 miles away)
What to Expect
We generally recommend that our out of town patients come for a two week treatment plan, although options to come for more or less time could be discussed. During the two weeks, patients typically come in for one treatment every day, Monday to Friday, and can take the weekend to rest or do some sightseeing. The treatment plan will start with an assessment on the first day and end with a reassessment on the final day so patients can see what progress has been made during their time here.
Each treatment is approximately 2 hours long and assessment days are approximately 4 hours long (2 hour treatment plus 2 hour assessment). Also included in our short stay treatment program are several appointments with Terry, our president, CEO, and resident concussion expert. Out of town patients will typically meet with Terry 4 times per week. Our data shows that daily treatments result in a higher rate of symptom improvement compared with a lower frequency of treatments. This means, that although out of town patients only stay for a short, two week program, the majority see significant improvements in symptoms within that timeframe. The stretching and strengthening component of the treatment has a strong focus on teaching so patients learn how to manage symptoms on their own when they return home.
We love meeting new people from all around North America (and beyond)! If you are interested in making an appointment you can call us at 519-837-0701 or toll-free at 1-877-503-6687.
Frequently Asked Questions: