Short Stay Program
The short stay program is designed for our international patients and those travelling from a distance to see us for treatment.
The short stay program consists of:
- 2 weeks (recommended minimum stay)
- Comprehensive Initial Assessment
- Focused program with daily treatments (Mon-Fri, holidays and weekends excluded)
- Mid-point assessment and discharge program plan
- Program Management -Standard package provides shared Co-management by Terry Moore, Creator of MyoWorx and his team of Senior Clinicians (Other options are also available)
- Full Report
- Follow-up Video Consultation (available)
Where to Find Us
MMTR Physiotherapy is located at 77 Westmount Road in Guelph Ontario. The postal code is N1H 5J1. Guelph is a small city close to Waterloo Region, and a bit more than an hour outside of Toronto. The closest airports are:
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (1 hour away)
- Region of Waterloo International Airport (23 minutes away)
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport (2 hours away)
Where to Stay
There are a number of hotels, motels and B&B’s very close to the clinic so that your commute to and from the clinic during your stay can be as short as possible. If you are looking for something very affordable, there are several Airbnb spots here in Guelph as well as numerous hotels. Here is a list of the closest accommodations:
- London House Bed and Breakfast (0.5 miles away)
- Staybridge Suites (6.2 miles away) (offers rooms with a kitchenette)
- Norfolk Guest House Bed and Breakfast (1 mile away)
- Comfort Inn (1.4 miles away)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites (1.5 miles away)
- Sugarbush B&B (1.6 miles away)
- Lyon’s Den Bed and Breakfast (2 miles away)
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton – Guelph (2 miles away)
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Guelph Conference Centre (2.8 miles away)
- Days Inn Guelph (3 miles away)
- Maryhill Inn (6.2 miles away)
What to Expect
We generally recommend that our out of town patients come for a two week treatment plan, although options to come for more or less time could be discussed. During the two weeks, patients typically come in for one treatment every day, Monday to Friday, and can take the weekend to rest or do some sightseeing. The treatment plan will start with an assessment on the first day and end with a reassessment on the final day so patients can see what progress has been made during their time here.
Each treatment is approximately 2 hours long and assessment days are approximately 4-5 hours long. Our data shows that daily treatments result in a higher rate of symptom improvement compared with a lower frequency of treatments. This means, that although out of town patients only stay for a short, two week program, the majority see significant improvements in symptoms within that time frame. The stretching and strengthening component of the treatment has a strong focus on education, so patients learn how to manage symptoms on their own when they return home.
Program Management Packages
- 1-1 sessions of focused time with the Case Manager for any questions/concerns about the program
- Exercise review and symptom reduction strategies
- Education on the roll of Posture and helpful tips for improvement
- Education on the roll of sleep and helpful tips for improvement
- What to do when you return home
- How to re-integrate activities into your life
Call for more information about pricing and selecting the appropriate Program Management Package for your program.
We love meeting new people from all around North America (and beyond)! If you are interested in making an appointment you can call us at 519-837-0701 or toll-free at 1-877-503-6687.
Frequently Asked Questions: